- DNA from buffy coat is stable for long-term storage at room temperature
- Simplify shipping logistics and decrease costs with elimination of cold chain
- Eliminate risk of sample loss and degradation and reduce carbon footprint
- Optimized for use with standard blood extraction solutions
- Enable flexible aliquot schemes
- Scalable solution for automated processing
- DNA suitable for any downstream application
- Eliminate cold chain for transport of buffy coat samples to enable sample sharing between multiple locations
- Reduce packaging and shipping costs by 78% with the elimination of dry ice
- Defer cost of DNA extraction until samples are accessed for processing
- Compatible with freezing and can withstand multiple freeze-thaw cycles
- Shield samples from degradation and eliminate risk of relocating specimens due to power failures
- Reduce freezer footprint and temperature monitoring devices for eligible specimens
- Sample remains in liquid state
- 100% of the DNA is available for recovery
- Unlimited application volume
- No drying time, speed vac or rehydration required
HEMAgene•Buffy Coat | HG-BCD
Stabilize high molecular weight DNA in buffy coat samples at ambient temperature
HEMAgene®•BUFFY COAT is a DNA stabilizing reagent designed for ambient temperature transport and room temperature archival storage, while enabling flexible sample management workflows. Maximize the utility of fresh and archived buffy coat samples for downstream DNA applications.
Liquid vs. dry state stabilizer:
PD-WP-00036: Long-term stability of DNA from buffy coat samples stored in HEMAgene®•BUFFY COAT DNA stabilizing reagent (pdf)
PD-WP-00034: Cost savings of shipping buffy coat samples at ambient temperature using HEMAgene®•BUFFY COAT DNA stabilizing reagent (pdf)
HEMAgene®•BUFFY COAT (HG-BCD) Preservative Compatibility with the Maxwell® 16 LEV Blood DNA Kit Application Note (pdf)
HEMAgene®•BUFFY COAT (HG-BCD) Preservative Compatibility with ReliaPrep™ Large Volume HT DNA Isolation System Application Note (pdf)
HEMAgene®•BUFFY COAT (HG-BCD) Preservative Compatibility with ReliaPrep™ Blood gDNA Miniprep System Application Note (pdf)
MK-AN-00030: Automated extraction of gDNA from buffy coat samples preserved with HEMAgene®•BUFFY COAT DNA stabilizing reagent using the QIAGEN® QIAsymphony® SP (pdf)
MK-AN-00028: Compatibility of the Agencourt® GenFind™ v2 blood and serum genomic DNA isolation kit with fresh buffy coat samples in HEMAgene®•BUFFY COAT DNA stabilizing reagent (pdf)
MK-AN-00027: Compatibility of the Promega ReliaPrep™ Blood gDNA Miniprep System with fresh buffy coat samples in HEMAgene®•BUFFY COAT DNA stabilizing reagent (pdf)
HEMAgene®•BUFFY COAT is for research use only, not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Full terms and conditions for all DNA Genotek products are available here.
DNA Genotek's sample collection devices and nucleic acid stabilization chemistries are protected by issued and pending patents in numerous countries around the world.