- Easy self-collection of high quality DNA and RNA from vaginal samples
- Provides a snapshot of the microbial profile at time of collection
- Optimal sample capture and release
- Maintain DNA & RNA integrity during typical ambient temperature fluctuations (e.g., -20°C to 30°C) for up to 30 days
- Compatible with molecular downstream applications
- Collect microbial nucleic acids from one vaginal sample
- Minimize bias introduced by microbial growth and nucleic acid degradation
- Eliminate the costs associated with temperature controlled shipping
- Minimize noise in your data analysis with reliable microbiota profile
OMNIgene•VAGINAL | OMR-130
In our commitment to providing the best microbiome collection solution possible, we are now implementing changes to our OMNIgene®•VAGINAL to better support workflow scalability and sample traceability. During this process, product supply may be affected, depending on order volume. If you need more information or have any questions, reach out to us so that we can better support you in your project and meet your expectations.
Phone: 1 (866) 813 6354
Collect superior samples for molecular detection of microbial nucleic acids
OMNIgene•VAGINAL for microbiome is a device for the easy self-collection and stabilization of DNA and RNA for microbiome profile analysis.
View donor user instructions
Beyond VAGINAL microbiome
The OMNIgene® line of products also includes all-in-one systems for quantitative profile analysis of the gut and oral microbiome.View All Microbiome Collection Devices
External Application Notes
PD-PR-01081: This laboratory protocol is used for the preparation of samples collected and stabilized in OMNIgene®•ORAL (OMR-110, OMR-120) or OMNIgene®•VAGINAL (OMR-130) for subsequent extraction of microbial DNA using the QIAGEN® QIAamp® PowerFecal® Pro DNA Kit. (pdf)
Safety Data Sheets
OMNIgene•VAGINAL is for research use only, not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Full terms and conditions for all DNA Genotek products are available here.
DNA Genotek's sample collection devices and nucleic acid stabilization chemistries are protected by issued and pending patents in numerous countries around the world.
By using HOMIM (Human Oral Microbe Identification Microarray), we demonstrated that saliva samples stored in OMNIgene•ORAL were indeed stabilized for at least 3 weeks, even at 37° Celsius. This is outstanding! Consequently, I think OMNIgene•ORAL would be very useful for remote collections alleviating the need for a -80° freezer or, for that matter, any refrigeration to preserve samples. This is an incredible benefit for any investigator who is interested in preserving precious clinical samples, especially for use with molecular analyses of genomic material.
Bruce J. Paster, Ph.D.
Director, Human Microbe Identification Microarray Core
Head, Department of Molecular Genetics, The Forsyth Institute
Overcoming challenges in DNA sample collection.
Download this research report to help you increase your compliance rate.
Inside DNA Genotek