- High quality, high quantity DNA†
- Fast and reliable self collection
- Long term room temperature sample stability
- Transport and store at room temperature
- Integrated 1D barcode + optional 2D bottom barcode for laboratory workflow efficiency
- Proven reliable self‐collection at home or healthcare practitioners/physicians office or clinic*
- Reduce the time and complexity of an FDA submission by leveraging the 510(k) clearance of Oragene∙Dx
- Decrease cost of sample transport, management and storage with ambient temperature DNA stability
- Compact and robust design for transport via the postal system enables easy access to customers
- Increase efficiency and minimize sample handling with a tube format compatible with automated processing
- Sample ready for transport, storage and processing
- High-quality DNA proven for use on microarray and sequencing platforms†
- 96.5% of donors agreed or strongly agreed that the instructions were easy to understand
- 96% of donors understood how to collect their saliva sample properly
- 99.5% of donors understood how to send the sample back to the laboratory
- 100% of donors understood where and how to contact technical support for any questions
- 95% of samples passed sample weight criteria (between 1-4 mL of total sample volume)
- 97% of samples had a DNA concentration of 5 ng/μL or more
- 96% of samples passed DNA sequencing call rate criteria
Collect high-quality DNA samples for direct‐to‐consumer genetic testing
Launching a direct-to-consumer service entails implementing a reliable sample collection method, proven science, strong brand differentiation and scalable sample management. Oragene•Dx is an all-in-one system for the collection, stabilization and transportation of DNA from saliva. Use Oragene•Dx to launch and build a flexible and streamlined direct-to-consumer business.
Oragene•Dx is proven for Prescription Use and Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) at home DNA saliva collection. Data obtained from a Saliva Collection Usability Study* (involving 212 naïve, adult, general population donors receiving a typical DTC saliva collection kit including instructions and two-way mailing box for return shipping) revealed the following:
Proven easy to use*
Proven technical performance*
Oragene•Dx product features
Standardized tube format for automated processing equipment
Sample stability at room temperature
Compact format for mailing
View donor user instructions
Mean ± SD
36.0 ± 41.1
76.3 ± 78.0
1.7 ± 0.1
90% of samples
For in vitro diagnostic use. For collection of human DNA. Oragene•Dx has been cleared for in vitro diagnostic use in the U.S.A.
† FDA cleared for in vitro diagnostic use for direct-to-consumer applications, K192920.
* Based upon results derived from The Oragene®•Dx DTC User Comprehension Study, K192920.
The Oragene®•Dx DTC User Comprehension Study, K192920 was conducted to support a 510(k) submission to FDA. The study was conducted to assess the acceptability of saliva samples collected with the Oragene®•Dx device for a typical direct-to-consumer application. The study demonstrated that customers comprehended the instructions for use provided with the Oragene•Dx device and could successfully provide a saliva sample at home with acceptable quality for use in genotyping.
Full terms and conditions for all DNA Genotek products are available here.
DNA Genotek's sample collection devices and nucleic acid stabilization chemistries are protected by issued and pending patents in numerous countries around the world.
** Data obtained by testing 450 samples from 245 individuals
Processing of DNA Genotek saliva tubes on SARSTEDT Lab Automation (copyright SARSTEDT AG & Co. KG).
Safety Data Sheets
Safety Data Sheets
Because the study is non-invasive, it is easy to participate. The DNA that you get from Oragene/saliva samples is of equal quality to DNA that you get from blood, and unlike blood, these samples will be stable at room temperature for long-term storage.
Susan Kadlubar, PhD
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS)
DNA from saliva vs. blood
Who wins the cost battle?
Overcoming challenges in DNA sample collection.
Download this research report to help you increase your compliance rate.
Speed your time-to-market with a complete end-to-end sample collection solution
Our products can be fully customized to meet your time to market, streamlined end-to-end operational workflows, and branding requirements.
Inside DNA Genotek